NON-CONVENTION PATENT APPLICATIONS:
- Specification and claims for translation into Spanish;
- Formal drawings (2 Bristol boards, 2 plain copies, 21 x 29.7 cm). We could prepare the formal drawings locally by duplication on Bristol board of informal drawings. The application may be filed initially with informal drawings. Term for filing formal drawings: 90 days from the filing date of the application;
- Power of Attorney, signed before a Notary Public and legalized by the Argentine Consul or with an Apostille. Term for filing the Power of Attorney: 40 working days from the filing date of the application.
CONVENTION PATENT APPLICATIONS:
(a), (b) and (c) as above;
- Certified copy of the basic foreign application. Legalization is not required. This document must be filed within 90 days from the filing date of the application in Argentina;
- e) Translation of the priority document, to be filed together with the certified copy.
If the priority document (d) is in the name of a party other than the applicant in Argentina (for instance, the inventor(s)):
- f) Assignment of priority rights, simply signed by the applicant of the basic application (for instance, the inventor). Notarization or consular legalization is not required. This document must be filed within 90 days from the filing date of the Argentine application.
In order to meet a priority deadline it is possible to file an application with the specification and claims in a foreign language, provided a full translation, certified by a sworn Public Translator is submitted within 10 days from the filing date.
Patent applications are subject to a preliminary examination and all formalities (including those relating to the claims) must be complied with before the application is accepted for publication.
Applications are published for opposition 18 months after the application date (usually, considerably later), and substantive examination must be requested within 3 years from the application date. Otherwise the application is deemed abandoned.
Patents are subject to payment of annual maintenance fees.